Sunday, July 20, 2003

Oh, yeah. . . .

Obviously, by my last post, you can tell that I've returned from DC to the lovely climes of Boston.

The last two weeks have been rather amazing, both in terms of meeting people from my own field, as well as people from completely different realms of the physical and computational sciences. The CSGF program which has funded me for the last three years is definitely the kind of program that brings together people from all walks of (computational scientific) life, and allows people to "cross-fertilize": for example, some of the most insightful comments and questions I've had on my poster and talk came from someone specializing in robotic control, and even suggested some references that look promising as I extend my research.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that doesn't happen very often, and is all the more reason why programs like this should continue to exist, even if the science they produce isn't necessarily the flashy biomedical stuff that's getting all the grant support right now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home