Sunday, November 30, 2003

Random thoughts: Holiday edition

Ten more observations for this Sunday evening:

  • During this holiday week, working without an alarm, I got about nine hours of sleep a night. This is really not encouraging, especially considering I typically only get about six hours a night.
  • Dune is not nearly so inventive as critics would have you believe, provided you know even a rudimentary amount of Arabic.
  • The Patriots--I just have to say, "Could you please stop threatening us with coronaries?" When five out of your last six wins are by a touchdown or less, you're starting to scare your fans.
  • After seeing what J. J. Abrams's conception of New Haven is on Alias, I'm convinced he must have been a Cantab.
  • Alias also gets the award for most Webernesque soundtrack of any show in television history.
  • After this past week, I'm starting to wonder if there aren't a few pods sitting about my parents' attic.
  • I used to find the PDQ Bach's concept of a "bargain countertenor" humorous. Now I'm afraid that I might actually become one.
  • I wouldn't mind having evening minutes start at 7 pm, but I do mind having to sign a new two-year agreement to get them.
  • Fog and rain aren't my biggest fear when driving on the highway on messy days--blowback spray from the tires is. And don't get me started on driving in snow.
  • Anybody who can make a turkey that provides enough food for one dinner, without leftovers, would make a killing--at least in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home