Sunday, August 08, 2004

Not so grumble, grumble

Lost in all of the hubbub of the last few days for me was the fact that I had a paper accepted for publication. It's a summary-type paper in a ChemE journal--as opposed to a more general journal. And, lost amongst three rather lengthy (but quite favorable!) reviews was the brief sentence:

I am pleased to inform you that the paper is acceptable for publication provided that you make the modifications described in the reviews.
So, good news. But now I have to revise while editing two more, and waiting for a fourth to come back from review. Huzzah.

2 Comments:

At August 9, 2004 at 10:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Congrats on the paper! I know what it's like to have several of 'em out there for review at once.

I hear you about conference scheduling. I got scheduled on the last day at the Society for the Study of Evolution conference in June, and will be on at 4:45 PM on the fifth day of the five-and-a-half day International Congress of Entomology next week. Can't complain, though, since both conferences have been terrific excuses for Rick and me to travel!

 
At August 10, 2004 at 10:57 AM, Blogger A. E. Ismail said...

I don't mind the traveling aspect--it's just some of the locales aren't the most spectacular.

Last year, the conference was in San Francisco, which was nice. On the other hand, the year before that was Indianapolis, which was, pace a few people who feel otherwise, quite drab and dreary.

Worse still was the invited conference I attended last month. I got to go all the way to Boston for that one! Woohoo! [I couldn't even expense a T ride, since I have a monthly T pass.]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home