Saturday, December 06, 2003

Ten random thoughts: Blizzard edition

Another list of musings, brought on by the fact that I can't really go anywhere because of this storm that just won't quit.

  • Has anybody yet realized that Clark/Dean might be a much stronger ticket than Dean/Clark?
  • If I were a bear, this weekend would probably be sufficiently depressing to send me into hibernation.
  • How much spontaneity can two hundred chemical engineering faculty and graduate students and their families bring to holiday fun-making?
  • If car owners were like feral cats, this storm would cause us to lose all of our "ownership instincts" for our cars--after all, we can barely see them anymore (and I parked mine just outside my window, just to make sure I could see it in the storm).
  • I wish I had come up with the "miserable failure" Google-whacking idea.
  • Why are the Patriots and Dolphins going to be playing football tomorrow, when all likelihood, it'll still be snowing at game time?
  • How could anybody come up with Survivor: The Party Game? I would have thought the concept of that show and a party game are kind of antithetical to one another.
  • No good can ever come of the phrase "There's something else we need to talk about."
  • Sometimes the early bird doesn't get the worm--all he gets are cold feathers when he could have stayed safely in the nest all morning.
  • Finally, if anybody uses the phrase "winter wonderland" to describe the aftermath of this storm, I will go postal (or at least medeival).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home