Saturday, May 15, 2004

The five people you meet over and over again. . . .

It's kind of strange, but I've found there some people you keep meeting over and over again, under similar circumstances each time.

For example, there's a Yale alum currently at Hahvahd Law who I've run into about a half-dozen times. The bizarre thing is that every single time I've run into him, I've been carrying bags of groceries. Every. Single. Time. It's really, really bizarre.

Then there are the people you're introduced to at a party. Some, you never see again. Others, you keep bumping into at an alarming rate. Sort of like the old "Far Side" cartoon in which a bird and a scientist run into each other, but "this time, the advantage is" the duck's. I'm not quite sure what that means, but that's what it reminds me of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home