Sunday, December 07, 2003

Feel the snark

As people who know me fairly well know, under certain conditions, I can participate in excruciatingly egregious examples of "high comedy"--in other words, I make really bad puns. Or, the extra sting in my comments takes everyone by surprise.

Apparently, while watching "Soylent Green" and "Planet of the Apes" with my Friday night movie crew, I was on a bit of a roll--so much so, that on several occasions, I was politely encouraged to watch the movie rather than let loose another zinger. I sort of felt like Scott Evil in Austin Powers 2.

And this from the same group that, when confronted with the following exchange:


Friend 1: "Do you have any rubbing alcohol?"
Host: "No, I don't think so."
Me: "Damn. Where's Kitty Dukakis when you need her?"

did not berate me, but instead complimented me on the appropriateness, obliqueness, and viciousness of the remark.

Guess somedays you just can't figure people out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home