Friday, August 01, 2003

Can't please everyone

I was the program editor/designer for the recent production of Carmen that I was in. Part of that job entailed editing and laying out the various biographies I received. I clearly spelled out what I and the producers were looking for, yet many people still felt compelled to flaunt them. Fortunately, only one person has been irate enough to complain about the way I edited the bio. However, I feel that under the circumstances, I didn't have a choice. Much of the layout was done when I was out of town, and as a result, I just didn't have time to email him, and the other two-thirds of the cast that broke the rules, and ask them to revise their bios.

But I guess the take-home lesson I should learn is that people will generally complain no matter how good a job you do.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home